Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I know it’s preseason but my hype for the season died a little
(08-19-2018, 11:59 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: It is "overreaction Sunday" since the game was on Saturday...but I am with you 100%.

What pisses me off is what I saw from a coaching standpoint.  Vanilla. Slide protection and rushes.  I am not saying give away your entire playbook, but how about practicing the "firing off the ball" we heard so much of?  They hardly did that scheme at all!  And it showed, a pathetic 2 ypc.

I don't care if you are "giving something away" if you don't know how to drive block a guy in short yardage, you won't suddenly be able to in the regular season.  

Ditto the stupid-ass cushion in our zone defense.  Anyone could check down to a TE or RB that has no one within 5 yards.  

Pathetic effort by the coaches.  

I'm not sure that the scheme is the problem, or the fact that the LBs are just THAT bad. Preston Brown looked like a Undrafted Rookie FA out there. We have 0 depth at that position and I think it will be easy for teams to nickel and dime us down the field.

No matter what people think of Vontaze, this defense NEEDS him in there.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I know it’s preseason but my hype for the season died a little - GreenCornBengal - 08-19-2018, 12:13 PM