Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL.com bold predictions for 2015
(09-08-2015, 12:51 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I've never understood how people think a player after 4 years will stop improving.

Has Dalton reached his ceiling? No. Why, you ask? Well, I'll tell you. Dalton is an average QB. He's an average QB, not because he plays like an average QB in every game. No, he's an average QB because he has good and great games mixed in with some horribly bad games. Taken as a whole, Dalton is average. But, Dalton's biggest issue is his inconsistency. Stop the bad games (or at least minimize his bad games to be average games) and all of a sudden, Dalton's QB rating is going to be in the range that good-great QBs have.

So, the question isn't HAS Dalton reached his ceiling (because he hasn't)? The question is WILL he reach his ceiling (in which he is consistent game in and game out)? The answer to that remains to be seen, but considering that Dalton had a pretty good stretch of consistently good play at the beginning of last season, I think he will.

I don't know of a lot of people that say that he can't improve after 4 years.  If he does though, how much will it really be?  Will it be enough to make a big difference and put the team over the top?  How many QBs muddle in mediocrity for 4 years, then suddenly become a great QB?  I just don't think that it's irrational to think that he might be about as good as he'll ever be.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: NFL.com bold predictions for 2015 - Johnny Cupcakes - 09-08-2015, 01:25 PM