Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Bengals need to revaulate how they assess Skills players
(08-19-2018, 10:21 AM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: While we saw John Ross be a big dummy last night, Jake Kumerow is lighting things up for Green Bay. Kumerow sat at the bottom of our rosters for how long?

And this isn't the first offense either. Lewis played an injured Jeremy Hill  over a healthy Rex Burkhead 2 years ago.

The only defense I can see to this is that "but Zo, we have a great receiver corps this year!"

No we don't. We have a bunch of unprovens that have shown flashes in preseason.

Let's put it all in prospective. The FO makes about 100 moves a year deciding to keep players, cut players, give another contract and so forth. You referenced Burkhead. Hill was young and not far removed from a pretty darn good year, fans would have tarred and feathered the FO to cut Hill that year. I love Rex, but he also is not a feature back, not now and will never be.

Kumerow is lighting up pre-season, who cares until he lights it up in the regular season. I will wager you Ross ends up with more catches, yardage via catches and special teams that Jake when they retire assuming they both stay healthy from here on out.

Boyd is not a Jake (unproven). It is easy to be a Monday morning QB, but decisions the FO have to make are real time, so yes they will make mistakes, but what is the percentage of mistakes? It appears to me their recent record has been pretty good without already knowing the future.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Bengals need to revaulate how they assess Skills players - Luvnit2 - 08-19-2018, 01:26 PM