Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Bengals need to revaulate how they assess Skills players
(08-19-2018, 01:24 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Agreed. Kid is just a kid. He has tremendous talent. He got too much hype because some expected him to come in an play better than AJ overnite. I fell into the trap as well. Not being better than AJ, but being able to be explosive out the gate. Reading some of the articles about JR, I have come to a conclusion he has a youthful mind and needs positive feedback to gain confidence. Once he gains his confidence, that's when we will start seeing the kid do some great things. He just needs a little time.

Yeah, i guess i fell into the trap myself expecting Ross to just be great immediately.

It seems it will take some time cause i believe you are right, he just needs to gain that confidence and scoring
his first TD as a Bengal in Preseason is a good start.

(08-19-2018, 01:26 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Let's put it all in prospective. The FO makes about 100 moves a year deciding to keep players, cut players, give another contract and so forth. You referenced Burkhead. Hill was young and not far removed from a pretty darn good year, fans would have tarred and feathered the FO to cut Hill that year. I love Rex, but he also is not a feature back, not now and will never be.

Kumerow is lighting up pre-season, who cares until he lights it up in the regular season. I will wager you Ross ends up with more catches, yardage via catches and special teams that Jake when they retire assuming they both stay healthy from here on out.

Boyd is not a Jake (unproven). It is easy to be a Monday morning QB, but decisions the FO have to make are real time, so yes they will make mistakes, but what is the percentage of mistakes? It appears to me their recent record has been pretty good without already knowing the future.

Nice post, hindsight is 20/20. No FO makes the right decisions all the time, not even the Patriots FO.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Bengals need to revaulate how they assess Skills players - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 08-19-2018, 01:39 PM