Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Superbowl or sustained success?
(08-20-2018, 09:12 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: They shouldn't be mutually exclusive, but Super Bowl...hands down.  That is what is so frustrating about this team.  I feel like they are so close, but they just miss one key step (the right side of the offensive line) and it is because (IMHO) they just couldn't throw in the towel on Ced and Fish.  Bobby Hart is no prize but he is clearly beating out those two.

If only they could have moved up and gotten Orlando Brown.  Despite his combine, that man is a mammoth designed to be a RT.  I would have taken him in a heartbeat over Jefferson and Walton.  And that isn't hindsight, I was screaming that during the draft.

They aren't usually mutually exclusive, in fact usually in most sports you need the sustained success to get the championship. It's just something I've been thinking about the last few day after the other team I love failed to make the playoffs again.

The unlikely run they had to win the competition and the night they finally won was amazing and really was a highlight of my life but its been 13 years since then and only 2 playoff appearance since so its been running through my head if I would give up the miracle that it really was to have a more consistent team. I know my answer but was wondering what other would want.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Superbowl or sustained success? - AussieBengal - 08-20-2018, 10:23 AM
RE: Superbowl or sustained success? - J24 - 08-20-2018, 07:27 PM