Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ireland becomes first country to legalize gay marriage via pop vote
(05-23-2015, 03:43 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: 30 states voted against gay marriage at some point in time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._state_constitutional_amendments_banning_same-sex_unions_by_type

26 have either been ruled unconstitutional or are pending an appeal to a ruling. Most votes were done between 2004-2006 when gay marriage support was under 50%.

13 states have approved gay marriage in the legislature and 3 by popular vote. This occurred between 2009-2012. Recent polls have the support for gay marriage at 60% or so.

I read a couple of articles that also showed that 61% figure. However, I always question the validity of polling data, as it really can be manipulated to show whatever the poll taker wants it to show. I.e. If you ask people coming out of a Starbucks their opinion on gay marriage, it will likely be much different than if you ask people coming out of the local Quality Farm and Fleet store.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ireland becomes first country to legalize gay marriage via pop vote - SunsetBengal - 05-23-2015, 05:59 PM