Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
D line draft drought finally over?
(08-20-2018, 07:28 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Agreed, that was a rough stretch alright. Hope it is over and these guys end up being studs like Geno and Dunlap.

Sure has been the bright spot of the team so far this Preseason. I really hyped Billings as you know, the injury really
slowed him down but he is still very young and is just starting to get that nasty, mean, attitude that i loved at Baylor.

Not saying Billings will ever be Geno, maybe no one will, but he could be that great run stoppin' sumbitch that could
get 5-7 sacks a year. Willis i hyped big time anywhere from the 2nd on, was a 3 down DE at Kansas State and actually
had him rated above Derek Barnett cause of this and even above Carl Lawson. Willis didn't play up to my expectations
as a rookie but it sometimes takes a year and i hear he looks like a monster now.

Lawson just has great balance and gets so low, he very well could do what he predicted and be our all-time sack
leader, that is how good of a pass rusher he is. He just needs to stay healthy which was his knock besides not being
the best at stopping the run or in coverage. But what the heck, use him as a pass rusher then, he will get his.

This year will be interesting to see play out, for a multitude of reasons.  However, in regard to the DL specifically, I see Geno Atkins getting the "you're going to retire as a Bengal" contract, and the team playing "Let's see how Willis pans out", before offering an equivalent deal to Carlos.  It will be a heartbreaker, for sure, to have to watch Carlos go to another team and cash in, similar to having to watch Andrew Whitworth go to another team.  However, if the new talent is the future, they're never going to reach their potential by sitting on the bench.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: D line draft drought finally over? - SunsetBengal - 08-20-2018, 08:15 PM