Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Superbowl or sustained success?
(08-21-2018, 02:22 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Never said they don't matter.  But that is typical.  People can't disagree with hat I really say so they make up something they can argue with.

But I do agree with that final question.  Why are the Celtics still playing if they have already won so many championships.  Why don't they just sell tickets for fans to come and look at banners.  Why don't they sell the TV rights to a broadcast showing the banners hanging in the rafters?

Reds have a more World Championships than the Astros, so why don't you go to their message board and start mocking them?

As a Celtics fan I can tell you I have a cheapo pennant with all their world title years on it (including the 13 of 17 I wasn't even alive during) but I still make a point to watch them (usually) win multiple playoff series and the occasional world title since. 

Winning a world title is a marketing chip in any sense.  The 85 Bears are still a thing, even if it's mostly a joke or in good fun, and every time I've been at a Steelers game and they are down by more than 7 points they all start talking about how many SB wins they have.  Yes, this stuff is a little on the delusional side, but winning it all is worth a lot more than making the playoffs and falling flat on your face over and over.

Hell, the 90s Bills and the 2007 Patriots showed us that making it as far as you can without winning it all can actually become a strike against you.  I know they printed up NYEA NYEAH 18-1 shirts to mock the Patriots. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Superbowl or sustained success? - J24 - 08-20-2018, 07:27 PM
RE: Superbowl or sustained success? - Nately120 - 08-21-2018, 02:31 PM