Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Revoke security clearances . . .
(08-21-2018, 03:26 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I never said it was fake. However, if the goal of the investigation was to find illegal collusion with a foreign entity and the only charges filed are completely unrelated to collusion, one could make the case the investigation was a witch hunt. I personally would not call it (mainly because there HAVE been a couple related charges) that but I could see the argument.

There is no legitimate argument that this was a witch hunt.

The only way it is a witch hunt is if there was not evidence requiring an investigation.  Lots of things are investigated that turn out to be false.  That does not mean every investigation is a "witch hunt".

There was clear evidence that the Russians approached the Trump campaign with offers to interfere with the election.  It had to be investigated.  Many of those allegations have now been proven true.  In fact it has been proven that the Trump campaign lied repeatedly about these meetings.  The ONLY people who think this should never have been investigated are Trump loyalist who don't care what illegal activities he takes part in.

Messages In This Thread
Revoke security clearances . . . - Dill - 07-23-2018, 04:38 PM
RE: Revoke security clearances . . . - fredtoast - 08-21-2018, 05:29 PM