Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Couples' therapy.
(08-22-2018, 09:28 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Well I'm going to go ahead.  I'm no innocent, but I do try to be as civil as possible.  I believe that's very important because people don't want to be convinced to change their mind by an ass.  I also try not to gloat.  Gloating or saying it's about time or whatever discourages people from saying, "I was wrong".  Admit you were wrong every once in a while.  Because you know you have been.  If someone admits they were wrong, in the future don't reflect back on that and say, 'You thought you were right then."  If there is an issue that "your side" thinks one way, and you think the other don't be afraid to say it.  If we start not taking sides automatically then maybe those sides will dissolve some.  This is all sort of board oriented because this is pretty much the only place I talk or think politics.  In the real world i nod a lot.

Uuuh, all serious and stuff, isn't this thread a bit too nonsensical for that? But sure. Not surprisingly, I largely agree with you. As one of the "minor" things I learned about Americans (not just "one side"), many never take a step back, reconsider, admit any initial error in judgment or behaviour. No apologies, right.
(Of course, you're not ALL alike... sure. But half the country doesn't participate in the democratic process, which is the most shocking thing to begin with, and I guess it's often annoyance with that witless drumming of half-baked talking points.)

The fact that it's always only the two sides bickering... yeah it is like an old marriage, I can't really change that perception. That's how I hear those folks talking too. You're inferior, no you're inferior, no you're the worst, no you are way worse, you're stupid, you're crazy... here's proof what an abdomination of a human you are, look what you swine did to the TOOTHPASTE... etc.
A triangle or rectangle would change things fundamentally, but libertarians... in all honesty, please. It's easy to be one when it's never of any consequence.

...where I disagree slightly with your stance is that you shouldn't say things like "it's about time". Politeness can't trump honesty. Because for example, it is about time, and I want to remain honest, to put that presidency to rest and I won't meet anyone halfway on that one. Debating a censore that doesn't come anyway and wouldn't change anything isn't enough. The GOP silence of enablers (eg. "I'm not focused on his tweets, I'm focused on *policy issue*") isn't enough. (Kudos to Richard Burr or McCain and some who have a spine.)

For most voters, Trump had one function and one function alone: To make liberal heads explode. That's it. That's the whole magic. You can't run a country on that premise. And it's, in all honesty again, a stupid way to look at things. A whole country is held hostage because many people have a problem with maybe 5% (or more, I don't know) of the populace that are indeed "leftists" as described, e.g. crying racism and sexism for made-up, factually and intellectually dishonest reasons, being naive and preposterous, derogatory, hyperbolic and smug. Initially, each side has its faults and as I said, I'm not without sympathy for being annoyed with some leftists. But with Trump, things went way too far.

Btw. I'm wrong all the time and admit it freely. It's not always a good strategy. Nodding a lot isn't either. I do think you agree in large parts with me about Trump, you need to tell folks that respect you more than they could ever respect a liberal's opinion.
Oh, and you're mostly innocent and always civil. And a good sport who's always in for the fun. For my taste you could be a bit clearer about Trump at times, but you don't call others deranged and are fine overall.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
Couples' therapy. - hollodero - 08-21-2018, 12:09 PM
RE: Couples' therapy. - michaelsean - 08-21-2018, 01:23 PM
RE: Couples' therapy. - hollodero - 08-21-2018, 02:39 PM
RE: Couples' therapy. - michaelsean - 08-21-2018, 03:14 PM
RE: Couples' therapy. - michaelsean - 08-21-2018, 07:41 PM
RE: Couples' therapy. - hollodero - 08-22-2018, 08:58 AM
RE: Couples' therapy. - michaelsean - 08-22-2018, 09:28 AM
RE: Couples' therapy. - hollodero - 08-22-2018, 11:03 AM
RE: Couples' therapy. - Nately120 - 08-21-2018, 08:12 PM
RE: Couples' therapy. - hollodero - 08-21-2018, 08:30 PM