Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Arby's apologizes after officer is denied service for being a cop
(09-08-2015, 03:39 PM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: And what is your answer to those who are not fortunate enough to work for one of the increasingly rare employers who offer such programs? Shrivel and die?

I think for one, if government is going to be in the student loan business, they should act like any other entity and determine whether they're making a sound investment.

Not everyone is college material.  The fact that government is involved with grants and financial aid and everyone likes the idea of being a college grad, creates situations where fly by night colleges pop up that aren't very good higher learning centers.  They are basically opportunists that are taking advantage of people who aren't good enough to get into a real school but like the idea of being a college grad...and of course taking advantage of government money like grants, financial aid, and the GI Bill. 

I'm not saying to get rid of those programs, but I think it's naive to let it continue where so many of these people graduate from these "colleges" and are often saddled with debt, unemployed or underemployed, and a lot of times their degrees aren't worth the paper they're printed on. 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Arby's apologizes after officer is denied service for being a cop - jakefromstatefarm - 09-08-2015, 03:51 PM