Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Preseason Game 3 We See What Bengals Have
(08-22-2018, 03:09 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Those are definately the two biggest concerns this year. Atleast Evans and Vigil have looked much better.

Preston Brown is not the best cover backer though, he isn't terrible, better than Minter and Maualuga but this is
not his strength. I think we just need to win half of our first 4 games while Burfict is out and we will be able to
make a nice run. We have a lot less holes going into this season than last though that is for sure.

Billings playing decent against the Cowboys O-line has me stoked to go along with our End rotation. Rock On

Brown is a MIKE, basically a middle LB. I have been watching the NFL for 50+ years, I have seen very few good cover middle linebackers. I have seen coaches try and create match up issues for middle LB's for this very reason. Brown's main job is to stop the run, if he does that great, I will be a happy camper. If he keeps plays in front him and does not give up big pass plays. he did his job. Gronk, Kelcie and a lot of today's salivate if they get matched up with a MIKE. Bell, McCoy, Freeman and all running backs the same, they beat the MIKE probably 80% of the time in one on one coverage.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Preseason Game 3 We See What Bengals Have - Luvnit2 - 08-23-2018, 09:17 AM