Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals National TV Sunday. What Are You Looking For In Game
(08-24-2018, 04:49 AM)wildcats forever Wrote: My hopes align with yours, old friend. And if all of them don't materialize Sunday, keep a good thought that they eventually will in some form or another. 

Generally I don't get into thinking about who deserves what, but in our corner of Bengaldom it seems it's about time for Lady Luck to show us a little smile. Looks like we have enough talent to take that and run with it.

It comes fast. Looks like Luck is back with Indy week 1 and that makes them a tough road game.  Then Ravens in for a very tough home opener in Jungle. Still, I'm hoping for a 2-0 start.  They have harder road games than Indy and good teams win at home, so beat Ravens in Jungle. In order to do this, they have to be ready week 1, not week 5 or 6.  Bengals had an awful start to season last year but won 7 games. Those awful starts kill you. Very hard to make play-offs after an 0-3 start or even an 0-2 start.  Like you, I'm not looking to 2019 season. Get with it and get it in gear for start of 2018 season in 2 weeks.  Sunday is the last good preseason game because the last preseason game with Indy a few days later is a lot of nothing. They need to kick it in gear some on Sunday.  With blocking, they do have the talent. Without blocking, the best players ever couldn't win. So get at it, fly off the snaps and lay on the blocks. GO BENGALS.  I would also think both Mike Brown due to age and Marvin Lewis due to no play-off wins would both feel some urgency now as opposed to later, and the need for the team ready to win in week 1. Both are running out of time and years. 2019 is no guarantee to either. Their window of opportunity is now or never, which hinges on a good start to season in 2 weeks. So they have to pick their game up a lot Sunday at Buffalo from the awful first half at Dallas last week.

I guess the best preseason team I ever saw and showing my age was Vince Lombardi's Packers. The other teams looked like preseason. Bart Starr and Company looked like they did in Super Bowls. I'm not expecting Bengals off 7-9 season to dominate Buffalo like that, but if Bengals come out looking like a play-off team Sunday, then they are ready for start of season.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals National TV Sunday. What Are You Looking For In Game - kevin - 08-24-2018, 06:34 AM