Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
D line draft drought finally over?
(08-23-2018, 03:52 PM)Synric Wrote: Actually it's not. 

The reason Griffin went in the 5th round is because he was too small to play 3-4 rush backer in the NFL like he did in college. Griffin had to switch to either a 34 inside backer or a 43 outside linebacker. If they had drafted him it would have been due to his freak athleticism and not experience at the position.

Jefferson on the other hand did play WILL and MIKE in college so he has experience and freak athleticisim.

Now if you want to mention that  OT Orlando Brown (I wasn't big on him) was taken a few picks after Jefferson you'd have an arguement. Of course I think it would been rd3 pick 13 for Brown Rd 3 pick 14 for Hubbard because giving Brown free pizza for a year probably wouldn't be the brightset move...

I have mentioned Brown instead of Jefferson, many times.  And Jefferson is not big enough to play MIKE in the NFL, either.  

Griffin is too small, huh?  Do you know he has the EXACT dimensions (sans one hand) of one Odell Thurman that was the most dominant rookie MLB I have ever seen?  Five INTs and five forced fumbles in one season!  No one said he was too small.  And your description about the positions and their so-called job descriptions is exactly what I am talking about with the Bengals brass.  The NFL is changing and there needs to be more speed at the LB position.  Griffin has the NFL record (I believe) for LBs in the 40 yard dash at the combine.  He also has what I believe Jefferson lacks...instincts.  

I want Jefferson to pan out.  I really, really do.  But Griffin was exactly the "I will show the world" attitude and speed freak that I wanted in that LB mold.  Or he could play the hybrid safety.  I absolutely love that kid and HATE that we lost out on drafting him. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: D line draft drought finally over? - SHRacerX - 08-24-2018, 12:54 PM