Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
D line draft drought finally over?
(08-24-2018, 07:41 PM)fredtoast Wrote: 2016....Kevid Dodd or Mackensie Alexander in the first round?  Braxton Miller in the second?

2017....2nd round pick Adam Bisnowaty has racked up a total of one start in 2 years on a team with one of the worst O-lines in the league and 3rd round pick Tyler Orlosky has not even made an NFL roster.  Too bad we didn't have you drafting to fix our O-line, right?  Of course we could have been set at WR if we had taken Amara Darbroh in the 2nd round.  And Jaylen Myrick and Jake Butt in the third was a brilliant move.  How silly of the Jags to wait til the 7th round to take Myrick and Denver to take BUtt in the fifth.

Yep, here's what good ol' Fred didn't share of the 2016 draft SIM:

24: R1P24  

CB WILLIAM JACKSON III
HOUSTON
- Has the great ball-tracking abilities (28 passes defenses last season alone).  A bit raw, but I like his play-making ability much better than that of Dre K when he came out of college.  

NAILED IT

55: R2P24  
WR BRAXTON MILLER
OHIO STATE
- I had other WRs ranked higher, but Miller provides the immediate help at slot receiver with the speed to help stretch the field if he moves outside.  He needs to improve his deep ball tracking ability, but I love his long term potential.  He also has the team-first mindset and maturity to make it in the NFL. 

Injured, not ready to shut the door on him at all.

87: R3P24  
S VONN BELL
OHIO STATE
- A steal here.  A very complete safety coming out of OSU.  Has the toughness needed to keep this secondary strong.   

Absolute stud for the Saints

122: R4P24  
DT D.J. READER
CLEMSON
- Boom or bust pick that many might not like, but this is our immovable object to replace Peko down the road.  Could rotate in this season.  I think with the right environment, Reader could be an early round value and fits our defense perfectly.  

So far, a much better career than Billings, and a very solid NT

161: R5P22  
DE BRONSON KAUFUSI
BYU
- Not the biggest fan of his, but he was BPA in this round and fits at RDE with the potential to slide inside on passing downs.  Relentless motor might push Hunt and Clarke in what is likely already their last shot.  

Ravens took him in the third round...what do they know?  He's been oft injured and a backup. 

199: R6P24  
WR MICHAEL THOMAS
SOUTHERN MISS
- A burner to develop out of Southern Miss.  Has outstanding YPC and ability to stretch the field.  If Miller stays in the slot, Thomas may be able to take Marvin's "X" receiver after being developed behind Lafell.

Rams took right here in the 6th round (what do they know) and he has had a slow start and a PED violation.

245: R7P24  
RB DEVON JOHNSON
MARSHALL
- Not my favorite back by any means, but I like the idea of a big, bruising back to finish games, move the chains, and catch the occasional dump pass.  A brute when healthy, and an outstanding b

Signed as UDFA by the Panthers.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: D line draft drought finally over? - SHRacerX - 08-25-2018, 09:26 AM