Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chris Baker cut, more vets to come?
(08-25-2018, 07:28 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I'm not sure that I agree that MJ will be a "backup plan".  As long as he's still on his current deal, it's tough to see them putting him on the bench and player cheaper players.  I haven't heard any rumors of any contract restructuring, but I have seen much speculation as to him being on the chopping block.

Plug and play does not mean a backup it means you are a moving piece along the line, this adds value to your roster spot not takes away.  As for playing cheaper players, I really don;t see that as a whole when this or other organizations are making playing time decisions, sure it might come in to cutting a player a bit more than how much playing time... MJ could be cut if they feel they still need cap space to sign Geno or Dunlap or both... but  they also could see enough value in the "Win Now" mentality to keep him this year.   As for speculation, rumors with this Organization are usually rare.. did we hear anything or much about Lafell or Ioka before they cut
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Chris Baker cut, more vets to come? - Essex Johnson - 08-26-2018, 10:12 AM