Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chris Baker cut, more vets to come?
(08-25-2018, 11:17 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I never thought I'd see George Iloka and Chris Baker cut before Michael Johnson, especially when the DL has Lawson, Willis, and newly-drafted Hubbard.

The number of ends has nothing to do with the release of a tackle, especially considering we regularly keep 5 ends for rotation.  One of our best defenses ever had 5 ends in Dunlap, MJ, Gilberry, Hunt, and Clarke.

Billings had a major injury as a rookie and, while healthy enough to play last season, was not very effective.  Baker was brought in as a starting nose tackle insurance policy in case Billings did not return to form.  Had Billings not taken significant strides, I believe the plan would have been to give him one more year as the backup to Baker in order to spell and show improvement, with the winner of Brown vs. Tupou getting a spot on PS.  With Billings showing he is returning to form, he has won the starting position, and now the loser of Brown vs. Tupou goes to the PS, winner being Billings' backup.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Chris Baker cut, more vets to come? - jfkbengals - 08-26-2018, 12:11 PM