Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
D line draft drought finally over?
(08-26-2018, 01:39 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: I guarantee you  some Bengals fAns have hit on more draft picks than the Bengals have.  Besides the interviews we all have the same game tape as the players. And it’s football you don’t need to have a biochemical engineering major to see who has great instincts , has football speed etc.

I played football at a very small school, but I played for some great coaches.

Believe me they see A LOT more on a game film than you would.  And these guys are a big level below NFL coaches and scouts.  I remember a coach showing us how a CB on the right side of the field lining up about 2 feet out of position (on inside shoulder of receiver instead of outside) ended up effecting the entire cover scheme leading to a completion down the opposit sideline.  Football seems easy to fans like us because we don't know enough to see how complicated it really is.

And projecting college performance to the NFL is another skill.  Even the "experts" fail more often than they want to admit.  Even good teams have high draft picks that flop, and every year there are lots of players taken in the later rounds (or not drafted at all) that end up better than a lot of guys drafted in the high and middle rounds.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: D line draft drought finally over? - fredtoast - 08-26-2018, 02:21 PM