Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SCOTUS orders thrice-divorced KY county clerk to issue marriage license
What concerns me the most about all of this is how many folks we have that don't understand the separation from your individual beliefs from that of your office, and that your individual beliefs do not mean you can ignore the duties of your office. Kim Davis isn't the only one doing this and it's frightening to me how many people are so willing to back these people up.

This is not a theocracy and as a government official you are to follow government policies and laws. Yet we have people backing these government officials up, and it is people that one would hope would know better. I've said before I am against anti-discrimination laws, especially at the federal level, but the government is absolutely not allowed to discriminate. If your beliefs are not in line with that then you need to step aside because you cannot fulfill your duties as a government official.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: SCOTUS orders thrice-divorced KY county clerk to issue marriage license - Belsnickel - 09-08-2015, 06:54 PM