Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do you explain to a child the difference?
(08-27-2018, 11:04 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Except that's not PC.  They can search the vehicle but won't be able to use whatever they find in court.  The best advice you can give anyone is follow instructions and be polite, regardless of the officer's demeanor.  If you are done dirty you'll win in court or, much more likely, won't even be formally charged.  Don't argue the law, even if you're right.  Like most human interactions, if you're calm and polite it will go well.  

I agree with what you're saying here. The unfortunate situation is that our media highlights the interactions where someone may very well have been calm and polite, but things didn't go their way. This isn't to say that these events aren't newsworthy, but the conversation surrounding them becomes very polarizing causes the attitudes toward police that we have.

I just get tired of the conversation overall. We have the DSA folks screaming about police being the fascist tools of the state but then complaining when they don't get the help/protection they desire from them. On the other side, I see so many people with Gadsden license plates and pro-2A stickers on their trucks with Blue Lives Matter stickers right alongside and I am left wondering if they realize who would be coming for their guns if the government passed a law about that.

There is so much nuance to the conversation that people miss in their emotional responses, which is true for so many topics today. It's why I so often stay out of the conversations on here surrounding it because it isn't worth the frustration.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: How do you explain to a child the difference? - Belsnickel - 08-27-2018, 11:21 AM