Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Uh yeah Tate can go on the practice squad (sarcasm)
(08-28-2018, 10:46 AM)grampahol Wrote: ST's is where Cody Core really showed up. We know that if a WR isn't going to be out catching passes every game they had better be good on teams..  Tate hasn't really showed enough for either except early on in practice . He hasn't really been showing much at all since that first preseason game . I don't know about practice since I don't attend, but just going by the other preseason games he certainly hasn't exactly been on the fast track to the starting anything. 
We really have to look at how these young players do on ST's.. 
People love to talk about the red zone target, but who would you rather have out there when the game is on the line? Our regular starters or a 7th round bubble player who may or may not be of any consequence ? That's really rolling the dice folks.. It would be one thing if he was catching TDs in every preseason game in the red zone, but he simply isn't doing that .In fact the only TD he did haul in was thrown from almost 45 yards out from Driskle.. That's not a red zone target nor catch..  I'm all for having a great red zone target, but he has to actually do it and do it repeatedly.. 

We're debating whether you'd keep Core or Tate.  Rarely does a game come down to one player on special teams, whereas it frequently does come down to a player making a play on either offense or defense.  

Yes, I would rather roll the dice with a potential red zone target than a special teams regular.  Plus, Core is now in his 3rd year and shown little to nothing outside of ST's.  Whose to say Tate won't get there on ST's....
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Uh yeah Tate can go on the practice squad (sarcasm) - Daddy-O - 08-28-2018, 11:01 AM