Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Uh yeah Tate can go on the practice squad (sarcasm)
(08-28-2018, 11:27 AM)grampahol Wrote: Games quite often do come down to one player or STs.. If what you say it true then why even bother debating who should return kicks, kick at all, snap the ball or anything else special teams players do? Why not just eliminate special teams altogether since no one player has an effect on the outcome of games? 
All that aside we're talking about a potential target which is not the same as proven in games . And even beyond that Auden Tate is 2 inches taller than Cody Core, not exactly towering over him.  
Look, I'm not a  huge Core fan or anything of the sort, but facts are facts. Cody Core has proven himself on special teams and Auden Tate has not. I get the whole man crush thing. That's fine and dandy, but let's not pretend Tate has done anything special either .  

Core is a decent ST's player.  He's not a stud like Fej or Peerman.  Name one game changing play he's made on ST's.

His ST's edge means nothing if he doesn't dress on game day.  It's a waste to keep him if he won't dress over Erickson or Malone, which is unlikely.  That last spot is better used on a younger player with more upside and more years left on his deal if the player isn't going to dress.

I don't have any delusions about Tate dressing and checking in inside the 20 to be some unstoppable TD machine.  He could develop into a good red zone threat/possession WR though.  Core is what he is, which is broke dick version of Andre Caldwell.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Uh yeah Tate can go on the practice squad (sarcasm) - Whatever - 08-28-2018, 12:39 PM