Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Elephant in the room - run game
(08-28-2018, 08:40 AM)Fullrock Wrote: I'm not all that concerned about the run game yet. There is no game planning in the preseason. When defenses start game planning on how you stop the passing game with AJ, Boyd, Ross, Eifert, and our backs who are excellent in the passing game, I think we will see a completely different ability to run the football. Not to mention, game planning to use some of the strengths of the O-line that includes pull and trap plays.

I thought that one of the problems with the line was that our pulling linemen were just whiffing.   Saw Boling miss one and Price whiff.

I'm hoping that once they've established their line that the linemen will adjust and start making those blocks.  With the ones (excluding Redmond) the problem did not seem to be push.  TEs were also whiffing on their blocks - except Hewitt.  Really hope they don't jettison him.  Kroft has not looked good blocking this year, but looked pretty good last year.

So there is reason to hope that once the line gets their chemistry down and shakes off the rust they'll improve enough to give the offense the needed dimension to their attack.

On defense the middle seemed stout.  The ends did a poor job of setting the edge.  They would often get sucked inside and the QB or RB would just scoot laterally and pick up yards.

I don't think (particularly on defense) it's a lack of talent.  They just need to be more disciplined.

One more thing.   MJ needs to go.  He's just a body at this point.  Can't set the edge and gets whipped all over the place in the middle.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Elephant in the room - run game - J24 - 08-27-2018, 12:36 AM
RE: Elephant in the room - run game - jj22 - 08-27-2018, 09:33 AM
RE: Elephant in the room - run game - jj22 - 08-27-2018, 10:59 AM
Elephant in the room - run game - BenZoo2 - 08-27-2018, 11:20 AM
RE: Elephant in the room - run game - 3wt - 08-28-2018, 04:49 PM
RE: Elephant in the room - run game - 3wt - 08-29-2018, 04:11 PM