Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SCOTUS orders thrice-divorced KY county clerk to issue marriage license
(09-09-2015, 12:08 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Applying conditions and not dealing in absolutes does not make one wishy washy. It's a convenient way for you to imply that I am making an arbitrary distinction, but I have been clear in all of my posts that the rights of citizens is what's important.

Yes you have made it clear that if you disagree with the Federal Law then it is OK to question it

45% of the Supreme Court does not believe that gay marriage bans are a violation of the 14th amendment. There's no federal mandate on same sex marriage.

That aside, 45% of all voters in 2008, including the current President, didn't believe Barack Obama should be President. That doesn't mean he wasn't President once inaugurated. 

Of course the requirement to issue License for SSM is Federally mandated. I agree with the second part; once decided case closed.

You're not.
Bound means you are required to do something.

So then yes? An elected office must follow Federal Law. This is kinda like pulling teeth

(09-09-2015, 12:09 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I hate teaching off the clock.
Imagine how your students feel when you are on the clock.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: SCOTUS orders thrice-divorced KY county clerk to issue marriage license - bfine32 - 09-09-2015, 12:27 AM