Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
With Geno And Dunlap Signed, Will We Go For O-Line FAs?
(08-29-2018, 03:27 PM)Daddy-O Wrote: O lineman will be cut, there's no doubt about it.  The question is are they better than what we have currently? 

We cut George Iloka, Adam Jones and Brandon Lafelle.  A couple of them may be considered "starting caliber" on other teams.  It depends on what the area of need is.  Starting caliber is subjective.  From what I've seen from the right side of our line this year I'd be hard pressed to call any of that starting caliber.  More like it's the best we got for now. 

LaFell is unsigned still with no real interest. Illoka signed a vet minimum deal. If we bring in someone on the O line who is jobless a monthly after cuts or someone for vet minimum I am going to venture to say neither are better than what we currently have. People continue to miss the fact that for the last couple years college football has not been producing startable O linemen. This has led to the current state of NFL O line play (Overall not good) and the lack of any depth for almost all teams. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: With Geno And Dunlap Signed, Will We Go For O-Line FAs? - Au165 - 08-30-2018, 08:24 AM