Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whit & Zeitler Vs Geno & Carlos
(08-30-2018, 07:47 AM)Stewy Wrote: Probably but we would never have paid them those numbers for those lengths.  

However, if we had paid Whit it probably wouldn't have affected these deals much because it would have been shorter term even if it was high dollars.  Less overlap.  The Zeitler deal would have affected things I'm sure.  But of the two, if the FO HAD to chose one I'd say we would have paid Whit for several reasons over Zeitler.  They value tackles higher, Whit is a better lineman, Whit was the leader of the OLine and a leader in the clubhouse and MB is loyal.  I am sure it was very difficult for MB to let Whit go, but that's the business end of it, and the Piano Man had MB convinced we didn't need Whit due to the two high draft tackles he hand picked.

Whit just restructured his contract with the Rams to help facilitate an Aaron Donald contract. If we had given him what he wanted (and ultimately got from LA), it definitely would have affected these contracts. 

At the least, we would have asked him to restructure like he just did, but this isn't something we typically do... so who knows what would have happened with Atkins and Dunlap.

I think Atkins would have been extended regardless... but maybe not Dunlap/Preston Brown etc.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Whit & Zeitler Vs Geno & Carlos - Okay - 08-30-2018, 09:43 AM
RE: Whit & Zeitler Vs Geno & Carlos - jj22 - 08-30-2018, 10:08 AM
RE: Whit & Zeitler Vs Geno & Carlos - 3wt - 08-30-2018, 03:26 PM
RE: Whit & Zeitler Vs Geno & Carlos - 3wt - 08-30-2018, 03:32 PM