Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Atkins Wants To Finish His Career Here!
I just knew that all those years ago when nobody expected any of our great players to want to stay that we someday would have several bonified stars wanting to finish their careers in Cincinnati. In fact I predicted it to my alter ego. 

Ok, so I'm a big fat liar and that never happened, but let's just pretend it did. 

I do think that the huge salaries make it a bit easier to retain players just because once a player reaches a certain dollar amount , millions per season there's only so much teams can offer them to swap sides. For example, if I were paid 30 million bucks over a few short years an extra million really wouldn't be enough incentive to leave. Hell, I'd be more than thrilled to be paid a half a million and anything beyond that would just be throwing money around for the sake of money throwing.  But let's be honest . Who wouldn't want to pay me millions to go fishing when the team is losing? 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Atkins Wants To Finish His Career Here! - grampahol - 08-30-2018, 11:22 AM