Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CNN refuses to retract its lie
(08-30-2018, 11:04 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: I like how someone else saying something (potentially) false and a news agency reporting it becomes the news agency's lie. Logic doesn't exist for some people.

No kidding.

Thanks to Trump, I deal with it on a weekly basis now. Just this morning, an area VFW is having a fundraiser and whoever sent in the info sent in the price as half of what it was supposed to be. It was on their end. But when they call to see if we can run the correct amount (for free again)?

"Is this some of that fake news? You guys had the wrong prices."

Whatever

Typo incorrectly spelling someone's name? Fake news. 
Agency sends out bad info before press, doesn't correct until after printing? Fake news.
Politician lies, but is well liked? Fake news.

(08-30-2018, 11:37 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote:  Isn't it kind of their mission and duty to only report confirmed factual information?

Yep. That gets difficult when it's he said/she said. As the linked article notes, Cohen said he doesn't have any proof, just his word. It comes down to what you know weighed against giving everyone a chance to speak their side.

In this instance, what we know is: There is an ongoing investigation; people close to Trump have been named/convicted/pled guilty/cut deals as part of that investigation; Trump has lied about meetings and business involvements. That gets weighed against the sources (who I don't know who they were). And that's followed up by allowing both sides to tell their story. The sources say Trump was involved; Trump says he wasn't.

After that it's up to the reader to interpret. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
CNN refuses to retract its lie - Vlad - 08-30-2018, 10:56 AM
RE: CNN refuses to retract it's lie - Benton - 08-30-2018, 11:52 AM
RE: CNN refuses to retract it's lie - jj22 - 08-30-2018, 11:55 AM
RE: CNN refuses to retract its lie - Dill - 08-31-2018, 11:03 AM
RE: CNN refuses to retract its lie - jj22 - 08-31-2018, 10:18 AM
RE: CNN refuses to retract its lie - Dill - 08-31-2018, 11:06 AM