Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whit & Zeitler Vs Geno & Carlos
(08-30-2018, 02:24 AM)Shady Wrote: I've never put any effort into understanding the cap, and I don't keep tabs on how much $$$ the Bengals organization is under the cap, but I was just wondering about something.

Had we paid Whit and Zeitler the money needed to keep them, would we have been able to extend Geno and Carlos?

I kind of doubt it. Does anybody here have a more definitive answer?

If we couldn't have afforded to keep all 4, which 2 would you have preferred? I'd go with Carlos and Geno. Defense wins championships.

BTW, I hate how the rising salaries are destroying the game. If you build a good-great team, you'll never be able to afford to keep them together for very long.

I'll comment on your last part to this. I'm all for the NFL salary cap and baseball needs one.  In the NFL the TV revenue sharing and salary cap makes it more even for smaller market teams such as Cincinnati to compete.  The Commissioner back in 1960's sold NFL on the idea that it would be better for NFL if it wasn't mismatches such as Harlem Globetrotters beating the Washington Generals every game. The NFL is set up to where Cincinnati has a chance.  However in baseball it is big money NY Yankees and then Boston, LA and such.  Baseball is just awful this way. Teams like Reds can't afford to pay what Yankees pay and no salary cap. So NFL is great and MLB is lousy in terms of Cincinnati.  If you want to talk about forced to get rid of good players, look at last place Reds every year and all the salaries they have had to unload. MLB is just shameful this way. The 1994 strike really ruined MLB for cities like Cincy. The NFL is much nicer to Bengals.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Whit & Zeitler Vs Geno & Carlos - Okay - 08-30-2018, 09:43 AM
RE: Whit & Zeitler Vs Geno & Carlos - jj22 - 08-30-2018, 10:08 AM
RE: Whit & Zeitler Vs Geno & Carlos - 3wt - 08-30-2018, 03:26 PM
RE: Whit & Zeitler Vs Geno & Carlos - kevin - 08-30-2018, 01:59 PM
RE: Whit & Zeitler Vs Geno & Carlos - 3wt - 08-30-2018, 03:32 PM