Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whit & Zeitler Vs Geno & Carlos
(08-30-2018, 10:35 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: not when the goal was to reduce his salary.

I think their goal was not to hang on to his salary for as long as Whit wanted them to.  If I recall correctly (which is always subject to failure on my part) the Bengals offered Whit a competitive salary but were unwilling to give it to him for very long - possibly even a one year contract.

I mean it's reasonable to project that a guy as old as Whit was was unlikely to play at that level for long.  And we had two high round picks who had not had a camp yet waiting in the wings, so there were only so many roster spots.

For me paying Whit for 3 years was a necessary risk as Og and Fish had never looked good at anything but fullback and TE (Fisher).   It's taken me a white to admit that they could not afford to pay both he and Zeitler.   The only way to hedge your bet without committing for longer was to Franchise Whit.

It's kind of interesting that Whit is letting them restructure his deal.  But 1) they gave him the deal and 2) the Rams are a contender...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Whit & Zeitler Vs Geno & Carlos - Okay - 08-30-2018, 09:43 AM
RE: Whit & Zeitler Vs Geno & Carlos - jj22 - 08-30-2018, 10:08 AM
RE: Whit & Zeitler Vs Geno & Carlos - 3wt - 08-30-2018, 03:26 PM
RE: Whit & Zeitler Vs Geno & Carlos - 3wt - 08-30-2018, 03:32 PM