Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CNN refuses to retract its lie
(08-30-2018, 06:05 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I have a problem with the photo, but it in no way makes trumps claims of "fake news" legitimate.

How does the photo make the facts of the story "fake"?  It doesn't.  Therefore it is not "Fake news".  The photo does not change any facts at all that would make the story "fake".  If I was to see a story about school shootings and they used a stock photo of a scholl where there had been no shooting I would not start squealing "FAKE NEWS!  THERE ARE NO SCHOOL SHOOTINGS!"

You are just grasping at straws to support your boy.  
OK Fred.

(08-30-2018, 06:06 PM)hollodero Wrote: I understand what you mean. It does.

As for the picture. I think the importance of the facts presented in the story are around 1.000 times more important than the picture used in said story, but sure it's a mistake. It probably takes the will to find something to find that one. People have that will, of course. And being critical is good. I just wished those people looked quite as hard at FOX and the Trump-supported propaganda that gets peddled there and would complain about it at least just as much. That would seem fair.

Also, mistakes by "MSM" don't give Trump, who lies habitually about any matter large or small, any credibility in anything and I still see no reason to believe anything he says. Which is no excuse of "MSM", which I am not a fan of.

Of course the story was more important than the photo, but can you quote a paragraph of the story from memory ? Now, can you picture the photo from memory?

Time should have said they made a mistake and pulled the photo, just as CNN should state their source was lying. Failure to do so allows Trumps and his folks to say "see fake news!!" and it adds legitimacy to their claims.

As to Trump: Which would you say gives him more credibility if he did/said something in error?

If he said " I made a mistake, let me retract it"

or
If he said "Nothing changes my message"

Also, you do realize you said 1 time more important
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
CNN refuses to retract its lie - Vlad - 08-30-2018, 10:56 AM
RE: CNN refuses to retract it's lie - jj22 - 08-30-2018, 11:55 AM
RE: CNN refuses to retract it's lie - bfine32 - 08-30-2018, 06:18 PM
RE: CNN refuses to retract its lie - Dill - 08-31-2018, 11:03 AM
RE: CNN refuses to retract its lie - jj22 - 08-31-2018, 10:18 AM