Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CNN refuses to retract its lie
(08-30-2018, 06:18 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Of course the story was more important than the photo, but can you quote a paragraph of the story from memory ? Now, can you picture the photo from memory?

Time should have said they made a mistake and pulled the photo, just as CNN should state their source was lying. Failure to do so allows Trumps and his folks to say "see fake news!!" and it adds legitimacy to their claims.

These are legit points I wouldn't want to disagree with.
CNN, however, did report that the Cohen lawyer claims he misspoke and that he was one of the sources. At least they did so online.
(Which is all I see from CNN admittedly)

(08-30-2018, 06:18 PM)bfine32 Wrote: As to Trump: Which would you say gives him more credibility if he did/said something in error?

If he said " I made a mistake, let me retract it"

or
If he said "Nothing changes my message"

Hm, that's a tricky question. I don't know. I know with me it's the first one (as with the media), especially when the misinformation/mistake is glaringly obvious (like that picture was once that intentional or unintentional mistake was revealed), but with some folks it's the latter. Which is what he does, and it works, he gains credibility somehow by not retracting. His hyperboles, misinformations and lies are not just "mistakes", they're often just blatant hyperboles/misinformations/lies anyway. He treats those like he treats his errors, with no retraction tours. Which makes it somehow funny that he'd be the one demanding higher standards than his own ones.

When he said he meant "wouldn't" when he said "would" (which is the only instance I remember when he did something like retracting), I didn't believe him either. With me, he lost all credibility (I guess somewhere around the "Mexico will pay for a huge wall"-claim) and I do wonder how that can even be seen differently - but I know about the limitations of my perspective. Yeah I'd advocate for option A), but the guy in that example clearly does not.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
CNN refuses to retract its lie - Vlad - 08-30-2018, 10:56 AM
RE: CNN refuses to retract it's lie - jj22 - 08-30-2018, 11:55 AM
RE: CNN refuses to retract it's lie - hollodero - 08-30-2018, 06:51 PM
RE: CNN refuses to retract its lie - Dill - 08-31-2018, 11:03 AM
RE: CNN refuses to retract its lie - jj22 - 08-31-2018, 10:18 AM
RE: CNN refuses to retract its lie - Dill - 08-31-2018, 11:06 AM