Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whit & Zeitler Vs Geno & Carlos
(08-30-2018, 02:24 AM)Shady Wrote: I've never put any effort into understanding the cap, and I don't keep tabs on how much $$$ the Bengals organization is under the cap, but I was just wondering about something.

Had we paid Whit and Zeitler the money needed to keep them, would we have been able to extend Geno and Carlos?

I kind of doubt it. Does anybody here have a more definitive answer?

If we couldn't have afforded to keep all 4, which 2 would you have preferred? I'd go with Carlos and Geno. Defense wins championships.

BTW, I hate how the rising salaries are destroying the game. If you build a good-great team, you'll never be able to afford to keep them together for very long.

To start with the Bengals could have signed both of them for less than they got on the open market. When Zeitler was in his option year he could have been signed for around what DeCastro got, which was around 9M per year. The Bengals low balled Whit but he would have stayed for a decent contract.

The team then would not have signed Kirkpatrick for 12M per year. That's where I believe we'd have seen them save money.

We could still sign Geno and Dunlap. But I'm sure our draft priorities would have changed.

But, that's all speculation.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Whit & Zeitler Vs Geno & Carlos - Okay - 08-30-2018, 09:43 AM
RE: Whit & Zeitler Vs Geno & Carlos - jj22 - 08-30-2018, 10:08 AM
RE: Whit & Zeitler Vs Geno & Carlos - 3wt - 08-30-2018, 03:26 PM
RE: Whit & Zeitler Vs Geno & Carlos - 3wt - 08-30-2018, 03:32 PM
RE: Whit & Zeitler Vs Geno & Carlos - BengalChris - 08-31-2018, 02:21 AM