Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL.com bold predictions for 2015
(09-09-2015, 09:10 AM)Rhinocero23 Wrote: Keep trying to hype him up...it's more funny.  

To the point of the question...I will rephrase it a bit for you. Did Dalton need to overcome the poor play of the team to get the win. Sorry bro the answer is no. That doesn't mean he did not play well, he absolutely did. He often does when the pressure is off.

You act like Dalton always plays like crap when his team plays like crap around him. That's simply not true. Just for example look at the Patriots game last year. Dalton played great, but the rest of the team not even close.

(09-09-2015, 09:41 AM)Rhinocero23 Wrote: I am guessing you are referring to the opening game?
The answer to the question did Dalton overcome the poor play of the team to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat?
The answer is - no he did not.
He play well. 300 yards a TD not Ints.
However the defense held the Ravens to 16, had two turnovers, special teams had a 45 yd punt return and 5 field goals. A wide open AJ Green battled for a under thrown deflected pass and broke a few ankles along the way to score the winning TD.
This is not to say Dalton does not play well at times. It is to point out he has not shown the ability to pick up a poorly playing team with his play and will them to victory. I live in the camp that to make a Super Bowl run you need a QB that can do that. I realize that there is a camp that believes that is not necessary to win a Super Bowl. Out of 50 titles they can point to a handful of examples of QB's with limited physical skills who also were not able to take over a game that have won the big one. That takes a great supporting cast, great coach and lots of luck. I am a life long Bengals fan, have never seen that trifecta here and do not see it now.
Dalton has shown, without question, he does not handle the pressure of good teams in prime time or playoffs well. Why would anyone believe he is going to develop this ability now? I am with all the Dalton homes...I hope and wish he can!

So you don't think that was a close game last year? You don't think we almost lost it in the fourth quarter, and Dalton had to make a really good throw to A.J. Green (which wasn't under-thrown stop with that nonsense). Yeah I guess that doesn't fit your narrative though. Keep making me laugh.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: NFL.com bold predictions for 2015 - Brownshoe - 09-09-2015, 09:56 AM