Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hobson reports Tate will be cut so they can keep Core.
(09-01-2018, 10:12 AM)BengalsBong Wrote: Core has not put up any numbers in the passing game since he had 200 yards in 2016 his rookie year. VS a decent red zone threat we might not use Tate till later in the year after guys go down to injury that will give a little more time to polish him up as a WR.

I love weapons in the redzone too, I have stated I like Tate. But to compare the guy to Randy Moss in potential is absurd. He has Moss Height and catches very well, that ends the comparison because he has average speed and Moss had elite speed. That is why a Guy like Tate needs to be trusted if needed to perform well on special teams, he has not done so yet so up to him to go sacrifice his body on teams to stay in the NFL like most before him drafted in round 7.

I think he could be good, but more to game than throwing balls to a guy one on one and hope he wins the battle, CB's are smart and they figure out one trick ponies real quick. Tate is a developmental player, Core is a developmental player still. I like Tate better long term too, but the Bengals are in no position to keep playing for 2 years from now so while I may not agree with a decision to keep Core over Tate, I understand why they might do it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hobson reports Tate will be cut so they can keep Core. - Luvnit2 - 09-01-2018, 02:14 PM