Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL.com bold predictions for 2015
(09-09-2015, 10:24 AM)Rhinocero23 Wrote: http://www.bengals.com/media-lounge/videos/Week-1-AJ-Green-highlights/9b826a77-65a5-41c3-a48e-b086eb010886

The pass happens around the 40sec mark in the vid. Please watch it so that you can erase the beautiful in stride pass you have etched in your vivid imagination. 
AT 44 sec you can see Green who has the defender burnt by a full stride has to turn (ala adjust because the ball is underthrown) to haul in the throw. It was a good pass that did not have enough to hit the receiver in stride. It forced Green to adjust and make a bobbling catch. Green did the rest. The play you have etched in your mid has green running under a beautiful high arching pass and running into the endzone uncontested...lol.

(09-09-2015, 10:31 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: Looks like an amazing pass to me. But you want to act like Green had to pretty much stop running which isn't the case. I think that's a bad example to try and make Dalton look bad, because that was a good throw. That game shows that he can overcome adversity, because there was about 5 min left in the game, and they were behind more than a field goal. Just sweep that under the rug though. Nothing to see here.

I think you are both overselling your respective sides a bit here.

It was a pretty good pass but A.J. did have to turn to make an adjustment. If he hits him in stride there, I'd say it would qualify for an "amazing" pass, but as it is, I think we could settle on "good" here. Not many QBs are going to consistently hit A.J. in stride there though, so I'm giving Andy props for what he did do, and he definitely didn't melt under pressure of a close game.

Andy melting down when the team plays poorly around him was a huge concern to me from 2011 - 2013, but he had at least 3 or 4 games in 2014 where he played very well despite the team screwing up, which is a great sign for the future. Let's hope he continues that (or let's hope the rest of the team doesn't play poorly at all actually!).
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: NFL.com bold predictions for 2015 - djs7685 - 09-09-2015, 10:51 AM