Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PFT Predicts Bengals Miss The Post Season
(09-09-2015, 10:01 AM)djs7685 Wrote: I don't think it's quite as crazy as some may think.

There are only 6 spots for this conference. Colts, Broncos, and Patriots should win their divisions. That's 3 spots right there. KC will be at least somewhat relevant unless Charles and their defense falls off a cliff. SD is a good team with a criminally underrated QB (people want to talk about guys that can perform at an elite level with subpar talent? Look no further). Lots of talk about the Dolphins making noise this year. Houston is getting Foster back earlier than expected and I've heard that JJ Watt is pretty good. The AFCN has 3 teams constantly fighting for a spot and 1 of them is guaranteed one and it isn't a lock to be us.

That leaves the Bengals, Steelers, Ravens, Chiefs, Chargers, Dolphins, and Texans fighting for 3 spots, and that's completely ignoring that there will probably be an "unexpected" team that plays reasonably well this year (looking at you, Buffalo). This schedule doesn't look as easy as some others around the league which must factor in to this somehow.

This team has a lot of talent on it, and we should definitely be disappointed if we completely miss the playoffs. I just don't think people predicting us out of the tournament are completely insane as some others feel. You could put ANY 3 of those 7 I listed (obviously need at least 1 AFCN team though) along with the Colts, Broncos, and Patriots as your prediction and I wouldn't think you're being ridiculous. What I think is truly crazy is how some are thinking we're as much of a lock as a team like Indianapolis to make the playoffs.

Ding! Ding! Ding!

Agree with everything you said. I love this team as much as anyone and there's no denying the talent, but people here go full OSU/UK homer mode and act like it's a birthright to make the playoffs again.

Generally speaking, every year at least one team from the previous playoffs misses them. We've spun that chamber three times and come up no bullet. There's no guarantee that the fourth time it won't be loaded. There are a lot of great teams in the AFC and it wouldn't be unprecedented for us to not make it a 5th time. Hell, just 4 straight is pretty elite company. Especially with our divisional schedule.

I'll be pissed like others will if we don't make it (and depending on how much we miss it by I may be leading the charge on rolling some heads in the offseason). But this isn't some "Bengals Hate". Totally realistic possibility.

I'm sure someone will say "why play the games then?" sarcastically, yet when you say that to someone claiming we go 12-4 they get up in a tizzy.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: PFT Predicts Bengals Miss The Post Season - YoungThundercat - 09-09-2015, 11:40 AM