Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump threatens Congress — Stay out of my plans for NAFTA
So, something of note. A lot of what is in this deal was also in the TPP. The TPP was a better deal (if you're a free trade proponent, which conservatives and neo-liberals have tended to be).

Now, if you're a fan of free trade deals, then you should be calling for an update to NAFTA. This isn't a comprehensive update, not enough for the needs, though. This is a policy that was crafted during Bush I's administration. Internet commerce, cell phones, and a host of other things weren't a part of the economy in the same way they are now. We need to update NAFTA if we are going to continue the deal, but it needs to be done in a more comprehensive way.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump threatens Congress — Stay out of my plans for NAFTA - Belsnickel - 09-04-2018, 08:05 AM