Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can Mixon Produce Behind This Line?
This may be hopeful thinking but I have a feeling that we're hiding our best run designs. No team shows much in preseason, especially a whole new offense. We were just trying to test out the right side of the OL and work out any kinks we had in run blocking. Bengals teams from this decade outside of 2014 were always middle of the pack in terms of YPC but what they could do was run the ball on 3rd and 2 and punch it in when they were inside the 5. Bengals from 2013-15 were at the top of the league in rushing touchdowns. I remember Benson & Green-Ellis having a good amount of 100+ yard games back in 11 & 12. The Bengals rushing offense in 2017 had 6 TDs and 5 games where they had 100+ yards rushing. 4 of those 5 games ironically came after Lazor changed the blocking scheme. In those 5 games, we didn't have Glenn and Price. Redmond helped contribute in 2 of those games and he will be a full-time starter. We don't have to be New Orleans or Dallas, we just need a functional running attack. As everyone has mentioned in this thread, the blocking is already miles better under Pollack's scheme and it will get better as the line starts playing real games and learning how to communicate with each other.

As for Mixon, some fans feel he'll be labeled a bust if he doesn't have a huge year. I get it considering the team had to take a lot of criticism for picking him but I think he's capable of an 1100 yard, 8 touchdown type of year and let's not forget he can be a weapon in the passing game as well. If he has a prime AP type of year, great. but that's not more important than the team having success. I wouldn't care if he has 2k yards and the Bengals are 6-10. A capable running attack will go a long way for this team and Dalton. Let's just focus on that.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can Mixon Produce Behind This Line? - Whodey614 - 09-05-2018, 02:02 AM