Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Things i want to see offensively vs the Colts.
(09-04-2018, 08:38 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote:  I disagree.. AJ is a top 5 to 6 WR in the league over the last 4 years and he he does not get enough targets ..  Brown, Jones, Landry etc all get double teamed but have more target than AJ.

I took out 2016 since he was hurt for a good portion of the year.. 2017 9th  2015 16th  2014  25th .. feed the best player the ball is what i say.. it is not about forcing it to him.. it is about game planning to feed him the ball.. who remembers in the playoffs when we did not hardly throw his way in a 1st half... the more times we can get him the ball, the greater chance we have of making a big play even if it is a quick out. a reverse.. etc

I remember that game, I also know we had a chance to win that game but AJ was either overthrown or didn't get to his spot but he didn't.   Also the reason he wasn't targeted in that game earlier was because our game plan was to utilize our TE (Gresham) and attack the Texans where they were weakest.  Green was well covered. 

In the 2nd half the adjustments were made to get Green open a little more, but he still was pretty well covered.

I don't deny that AJ is a top talent at WR.  That wasn't my point. 

MY point was how we have 2 different fans wanting 2 different things for this team and the situation that places on the coaches as well as the QB.  If thrown to Green and it is incomplete or INT, then some fans will complain about Dalton fixating on Green to much.  If not thrown to Green, then some fans will complain about not throwing to our best player.  Add the next level of that which is that even if they are completed then the credit only goes to Green and none goes to Dalton which allows people to further criticize Dalton when he does actually make a mistake.

I am having this debate in BFine's Top Tier QB, so I won't derail this thread hashing over this same argument.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Things i want to see offensively vs the Colts. - YsCascadia - 09-05-2018, 07:08 AM