Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hobson reports Tate will be cut so they can keep Core.
(09-05-2018, 08:01 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: No. Special teams are not silly. I just feel a discussion about Core over Tate because of special teams is silly. 

Strictly because Tate has, and has shown, more talent and you can find other people to play special teams if Tate can't. Sixth/Seventh WR playing STs may be the norm, but it's not written in stone and i'm not going to throw away every down talent (in general, not specifically Tate) for a gunner.

Didn't we just draft a few Mid to late round speedy CB"s that can run down the field?
And we got that speedy kid back from last year as well.

I don't know why it's such a big deal to have Core here for his ST talent. We have plenty of other guys that can fill his job.
What Core needs to do is run a route and catch the damn ball. Something that Tate has shown he can do even if it doesn't get as much separation. Tate doesn't need to beat out the top CB's of the opposing team, he needs to be able to beat out the #3/4 best, which he's shown he can. I like Tate, was a big fan of the Pick. He needs to develop some, but he has the potential to be a good Possession WR at this level. Need a Hail Mary Jumper? Send him in.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hobson reports Tate will be cut so they can keep Core. - Mike M (the other one) - 09-05-2018, 08:14 PM