Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hobson reports Tate will be cut so they can keep Core.
(09-06-2018, 12:42 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I watched them.  Did not see anything special.  Tall slow receivers are a dime a dozen.  Jumping to catch a football is not an amazing skill.

I'll say it again.  Tate will not even be active on Sunday's unless he plays special teams or someone gets injured.

Most overhyped Bengal player in years.  Unstoppable red zone threat with zero red zone receptions.

There's the ever faithful pigeonholing. 

Can't worry about silly red zone receptions when you're catching 25 and 18 yard passes that you have to twist and go to the ground to get (called back on penalty), but they still happened. And then there was the 33 yard game winning TD that he had to adjust to as well. Those go along with a handful of catches in practice, notable enough that they were highlighted on TC videos. 

Nothing special though. Except that some other wide receiver named AJ Green said his catches were "unbelievable". 
“Unbelievable,” A.J. Green said of Tate’s catches, according to Dan Hoard on Bengals.com. . “We call him a young Brandon Marshall. The guy has unbelievable hands, he’s big (with) great body control. He had a very good (minicamp).”

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2018/7/5/17534380/bengals-wr-auden-tate-could-carve-out-a-red-zone-role-for-himself

I'm sure you know better than Bengals players and coaches though. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hobson reports Tate will be cut so they can keep Core. - rfaulk34 - 09-06-2018, 01:10 AM