Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Uh yeah Tate can go on the practice squad (sarcasm)
(08-29-2018, 11:03 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The "cheaper" aspect is ridiculous. The difference is about 150k. What leads you to believe Tate has more upside; cause he's taller? As to the rest; you lost me.

We always discuss money and cap on here....so cheaper is relevant to the discussion, imo.  I watched both in college, Tate made some good plays against good competition on an otherwise lousy team, my team.  Core was good at Miss too against SEC competition.  Core has not developed very much in his 3 years here, Tate has not had the chance yet, hence, upside.  Tate has also made some nice plays in preseason action, Core has not.  Tate has some intangibles you can't coach, Core does have the speed.  That's what makes me look at upside.  The rest was about taking upside over an established vet.....which is this scenario....why I introduced it to the conversation.

(08-29-2018, 11:09 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: is not upside it is what value can that play give to a team this year in the aspect of winning.  Core has rated one of the Best Bengals on Special Teams last year... Tate seems to offer very little in that important area.. so even if Tate offers more than Core as a WR.. how much really is Tate going to see when it comes to a meaning play in the game compared to multiple kick offs, punts etc a game that could change a game. 

Orson Charles is a zero comparison... Charles was keep for 2/3 TE.. Tate is 6th WR,  Core has a much better ST contribution than any of them.. now i stated im not sure if Core will make the team since he is hurt, but if he had been healthy all preseason, i could easily justify keeping him and putting Tate on PS

I see your point, but is Tate really THAT good on STs?  It's all moot now, they're both on the team, but it just seems to me that it's time to give someone else a shot at that WR position.  As long as we don't lose Fej on teams, I think we'll be alright.

See my reply to bfine in regards to Charles, and he was kept to be an Hback.

(08-29-2018, 11:41 PM)Whatever Wrote: Imo, most NFL WR's see their biggest jump in play in year 2 or 3.  Core actually regressed last year after an unimpressive rookie campaign and hasn't looked good in TC by all reports.  On top of it, he hasn't caught a pass this preseason.  At this point in his development, he's a bubble WR who's only real chance to hang on an NFL roster is ST's and there's a relatively slim chance at this point that he will ever be anything more.

It's pretty much a yearly occurrence that there's a young late round/rookie free agent WR that makes a few plays in camp and is suddenly the next TJ.  Tate is the latest in this line.  Core was the last young stud that turned out to be a scrub.  Before that, there was Kumerow, Wright, etc.  Likely, Tate will hang onto the roster for a year or two, then get bumped off the roster, but there's the chance that he will develop into a decent contributor.  Core's had his chances, and has failed to deliver.

In all likelihood, the point is moot, anyways.  Core won't be able to play in Indy, and will likely end up on IR, creating a clear path onto the roster for Tate.

Agree with all of that.....Tate may or may not be a TJ type player.....but Core's had his shot, let's see what the kid can bring with a little coaching.

(08-30-2018, 11:41 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Side note, I think it is laughably stupid to call someone named John Conner "The Terminator" because John Conner was not the terminator.  I understand nicknames are sometimes silly, but come on...that's like calling someone who is named Dorothy "The Wicked Witch" or "The Wizard of Oz" or something.

LMAO.....I agree.  Although, Conner did blow some mf'ers up.

(08-30-2018, 12:15 PM)Sweetness Wrote: But "Scrawny little boy who was in the movie The Terminator" just doesnt have the same ring to it. 

LMAO :andy:

(08-30-2018, 12:35 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Fred, you know that you always bring valid points and I almost always agree with you, but seriously, give me a break.

After Jeremi, he was the best blocking FB we've ever had (don't get me started on, how overrated Lorenzo, "only blocks for HOFs and can't block worth a crap for regular RBs," Neal was) and he was superb at that job.

Can't even argue it either, as the numbers were much better across the board, SIGNIFICANTLY better, with him in than without a FB. Wish I still could access the mothership for my old threads that had the stats...

I'll give you that was completely one-dimensional though; ok at pass-catching, but he wasn't Hewitt.

Charles is on the active roster for Cleveland, actually and had 2 catches for 35 yards in KC, last year.

He's hanging around lol

Yep, even though I was actually referring to Conner, Pressley was a damn fine blocker.

As for Orson, couldn't believe I saw his name when I was scouring rosters for fantasy ball.

(09-01-2018, 02:31 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Apparently, you haven't watched any training camp videos or preseason games.

Sure seems like it.

(09-01-2018, 02:42 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Cody "special teams monster" Core. The guy with 4 freaking special teams tackles last year. Yay.
Cethan Freaking Carter had 9 tackles on special teams. 
Field turf has more tackles than Core does on the season.

This.  If we were talking about Tate over Fej, I'd say no way.....you keep Fej.  I'm just not seeing anything more than a run of the mill STer?  Also, if a TE like Carter can get 9 tackles, why can't a guy like Tate?  Why can't Auden get 4 tackles?

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Uh yeah Tate can go on the practice squad (sarcasm) - Wyche'sWarrior - 09-06-2018, 01:51 PM