Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Takeaways From NFL Opener and Relation to Bengals
(09-07-2018, 09:15 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: 3. Gadget sweepy plays rarely work against good defenses. I would rather we stayed away from the Ross/Boyd Jet Sweep looks. I don't think they help your team any, just my opinion. In fact, running to the outside seems doomed from the start against a good front 7 like the Eagles

4. Depending on Jessie Bates play, the game week 4 against the Falcons could be difficult. Julio Jones looked unstoppable. Will be interesting to see if WJ3 and Bates can keep him in check

Julio took a reverse 10+ yards the first drive of the game. A lot of the reverse and jet sweep motions are window dressing to cause hesitation. As to the over generalization of outside runs, that simply isn't true. Last year they (ATL) killed them with outside stretches in the playoffs, it appears Philly game planned to specifically stop the outside run.

You have to play him high low. A lot of times the backs were playing far off to not get beat deep and it gave the Falcons a lot of 15 yard completions. When they played him with a zone dropping underneath it really slowed down his progress.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Takeaways From NFL Opener and Relation to Bengals - Au165 - 09-07-2018, 09:24 AM