Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Takeaways From NFL Opener and Relation to Bengals
Like the idea of this thread in terms of everybody posting their takeaways, since these were two powerhouse teams IMO. And I actually worry for the Bengals.

1. I think it was "boring" because the defensive play was EXCELLENT. In terms of our defense, I believe our front line can have a similar impact on the game that the Eagles had.

2. When it comes to linebacker play, man are the Falcons LB's fast. Jones is an incredible athlete, and I still think that this will be a problem spot for the Bengals. I know there is some praise for them, but we are still relying on some unproven talent, a consistently suspended/injured hothead, and a guy who leads the NFL in tackles but is questionable in coverage.

3. I think it was hard for me to compare the Bengals offense to the Falcons or Eagles. I guess you could say the Falcons, but their QB is still ahead of Dalton. I still truly believe, despite how much Julio has overshadowed AJ, that AJ could've done the exact same stuff that Julio did in that game. Oh, and I think he finds a better route to get a TD at the end.

4. What scares me is that the Eagles are so innovative on offense, which is something I do not see from us. For example, one thing I thought was brilliant is that whenever the Eagles wanted to run it up the gut, they sent the wideout in motion. Once he was behind the QB, they would snap the ball, and the WR would block the edge on the opposite side of where the run was going, freeing up one lineman to block a bit further down field. Falcons are innovative too, until they get inside the red zone. Oh, and both offensive lines are still pretty good.

Lots of takeaways from the game. I still see a talent gap that we are getting somewhat close to, but I don't think we match. But that's fair.. these are two great NFC teams, and one SB champ of course.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Takeaways From NFL Opener and Relation to Bengals - thillan - 09-07-2018, 12:07 PM