Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Takeaways From NFL Opener and Relation to Bengals
(09-07-2018, 07:24 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: #1 Glad we didnt overpay to keep Sanu.
#2 The refs need to get their act together. That was a clear drop by the TE that was reviewed clearly on the ground moving. That is not a catch. They reviewed a Julio catch and said no catch when he was in bounds. The Julio no catch probably cost them the game.
#3 I thought i was watching reality show about refs and there happened to be a football game on in the background. Way too many penalties and then huge missed calls. Wtf. Get it together.

#4 Dalton is a better QB than both that played.
#5 We need more RPO
#6 Guys were winded and dropping like flies. We need to use heqvy substitutions week 1 and stay healthy.

I'm with ya on the reffing. That TE 'catch' was no catch at all. 

I'm alone on this one but i DO think the Julio Jones 'catch' should have stayed as called. Not saying it wasn't a catch but it did move around a decent amount as he slid out of bounds. I think the case could be made for no catch. If was called a catch on field, shoulda stayed that way as well.

They seem to be taking the approach of 'leave it how it was called if in doubt'.. but I have a feeling that will only apply in SOME cases. Gonna be a lot of reffing gaffs with this wishy washy rulebook.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Takeaways From NFL Opener and Relation to Bengals - GreenCornBengal - 09-07-2018, 07:30 PM