Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Price on Redmond... Good Grief
(09-07-2018, 09:24 PM)Sled21 Wrote: https://www.bengals.com/news/quick-hits-price-seeks-same-page-to-write-debut-marv-opens-against-8th-new-coach

Is this a new guy, or has Redmond been holding back???

Man, i love our new Center. This is what our team has always needed, a leader with smarts, confidence and an
anchor that doesn't get drove back into our QB. Him lending confidence to Redmond only helps and Redmond
seems to be brimming with it at this moment. You and i were pushing for Westerman at RG but we only want the
best guy to start there and if it is Redmond so be it.

Just get those penalties under control.

(09-08-2018, 08:38 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Redmond looked like a significant upgrade when he finally got his shot a year ago.  He has always been the strongest of the linemen, but had mental lapses and maturity issues.  I think once he gets his opening day jitters out, he will be pancaking some guys and Mixon is going to love running behind that right side.  Boling is our best pulling guard and he won't have to dodge a backpedalling Bodine on his way to the right side this year.

Redmond is just 23 years old.  He lost 25 pounds of bad weight (which I understand they initially wanted him to gain) and has better mobility now for the pass protection but is still a road grader.  

I can't wait to see what they do against Indy.  If they can get a good start to the season and play with confidence, they can go all the way.  

Great point about Boling finally being able to pull without trying to run around our Center.

He is a very good pulling Guard you are correct, something Zeitler was always too slow to do.

But hey, maybe Bodine was hampering him too.

(09-08-2018, 08:42 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: And as much as I kept my earlier comment on Redmond, this also has me fired up about Price.  He didn't give up A SINGLE PRESSURE in the preseason (and he ONLY went against the #1s ) and just like at OSU, he was the mouthpiece for that offense.  

I am so thrilled we got him and Glenn with that single first round pick.  That might prove to be the move of the offseason.  

No doubt brother, i am fired up myself! Rock On
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Price on Redmond... Good Grief - Sled21 - 09-07-2018, 09:24 PM
RE: Price on Redmond... Good Grief - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 09-08-2018, 01:21 PM