Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Run Game Will Develop as the Season Progresses
(09-08-2018, 11:20 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I think it comes firing out of the gates.

Mixon had mentioned in preseason they were barely missing big plays. With the opportunity to play a full game with our starters they will start hitting.

Pass game is our strength. In the dome i hope we come out throwing. Back em up get them a little winded then start gouging

Agreed.  I think Lazor wanted to have the benefit of no one seeing what he really wanted to institute.  The final two games of last season we got a taste of it.  We had the young guards, Redmond and Westerman, and a better option at LT with Boling over Ced.  They had consecutive 100 yard rushers in Mixon and Gio.  That wasn't a fluke.  

He (Lazor) accomplished this while having to overhaul the blocking scheme during the season and with a strong opposition by the incumbent offensive line coach, PA.  This isn't a secret.  Lazor even referenced it in an interview, stating something to the effect of "we need to be able to disagree without taking it personal".  And, his final two games gave him the equity to have the management move on from PA.  

That couldn't be easy.  He knows how important the rushing attack is to his offense and I think he will have a great plan for the Colts.  

I want this win so bad I can taste it.  No game will be easy, but the Bengals are better than the Colts at every position group.  Yes, the game is in Indy, but if they come out confident and execute a good game play, I think they will win by two scores.

SEIZE THE DEY!!!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Run Game Will Develop as the Season Progresses - SHRacerX - 09-09-2018, 08:20 AM