Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My concerns WJack...Green...communication on D.
N_B Wrote:Agreed.  The defensive game plan didn’t make a ton of sense.  My guess is Austin expected us to get pressure with front 4, and when it didn’t happen (because of ineffectiveness Of our players and their gamplan), he didn’t have a backup plan.

The proof is on that last drive; that fumble saved us from probably the defensive gameplan losing us that game.  they moved it at will and we couldn’t stop them, particularly on third down.

Remember, Austin was a mediocre coordinator in Detroit

My thing is whats the point of drafting 3 first round corners who are physical and excel in press man when you want to play this soft of defense. Also isn't Marvin supposed to be a defensive mastermind, isn't that the reason we hired him from the Ravens ? I wonder how much input Marvin has on the defensive game plans or what he does in general besides clapping.  I was excited to see this defense because i thought we would be aggressive instead of giving up these easy passes. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: My concerns WJack...Green...communication on D. - lone bengal - 09-09-2018, 10:25 PM