Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If the Bengals were serious about winning...
(09-10-2018, 11:21 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: like they all want us to believe...if they really had the sense of urgency to win now...then they would trade for a quality offensive lineman.

They would give up a first round pick, trade for a quality offensive lineman, and sure up their main team weakness.

To me, the Bengals showed they were "ALL IN" on Bobby Hart at Right Tackle and on just using an internal Right Guard candidate when they passed on taking an Offensive Lineman with one of their two Third round picks in the last Draft.

Tackle Orlando Brown Jr (now with the Ravens) was on the Board in round 3 as well as Guard/Tackle prospect Chukwma Okorafor (now with the Steelers).

It would be nice to have one of these two O-line guys on the roster right now at say the expense of getting LB Malik Jefferson.

The O-line Developmental Pipeline seemed to be a more Urgent priority than say another Linebacker to develop.

This does not mean the Bengals would have to Start say Orlando or Chukwma right away but to get them on the Path of development.

By the 2019 Draft we they would have had a Solid feel for how Orlando or Chukwma were progressing and may have even gone to the one they may have taken mid 2018 season.

They are now "ALL IN" on Bobby Hart/Redmond WITHOUT a Fresh Blood rookie like Orlando or Chukwma in the Pipeline.

I made a Thread right after the Draft showing my concern about the Bengals not doing this or getting that one extra Mid Round offensive lineman last Draft and I got ripped some for it.

But I stand firm that they should have Invested that one more mid round pick towards the O-line last Draft.

Now it is Bobby Hart/Internal Guard or Bust.   It looks like a Mid season Trade seems unlikely.

P. S. 

I get that neither Orlando or Chukwuma are Starting right now for the Ravens/Steelers, however, they appear to have better players in front of them on those teams than Hart/Redmond. Experience level can keep them on the Bench for a time even behind a Bobby Hart but they have the opportunity to Develop & possibly overtake the Veteran in front of them sooner rather than later at times. They first have to be in the PIPELINE.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: If the Bengals were serious about winning... - depthchart - 09-10-2018, 12:45 PM